Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Holga Images!

Here are some of the images that I took with my little Holga camera... for those of you who have not heard of a 'Holga' before let me give you a description. A Holga is a cult toy camera with plastic lens and case. This cheap camera uses 120 film and makes marvelous fuzzy photos with drop-off around the edges and light leaks. It has a fixed shutter speed (1/100), plastic lens, ineffective adjustable f-stop switch (f11 I believe is what it shoots at)... it's minimalist-ness is what makes it such a great little camera and why there are so many who love them. It's just the photographer and a box with no gadgets and gizmos in between the two. Below are my most resent Holga shots click on any of the images to make them larger...


An old broken hut on the beach in Tulum, Mexico.

A palm tree I saw while walking down the beach in Tulum, Mexico.

A beach house that I believe someone lived in. - Tulum, Mexico

Fishermen in Tulum.

I went to a Pirate Festival in Wentzville, MIssouri and they had belly dancers!

More belly dancers.

This sculpture was in Laumeier Sculpture Park in St. Louis.

I came across this barn while on a drive through the New Melle, Missouri area.

This truck I found along the same drive in New Melle, Missouri.

1 comment:

William Good said...

Really cool work with the Holga. Great photoshop work, too!